Life as a mother and father has been interesting to say the least. JJ and I are taking turns waking up early and at night since JJ is home on "daddy leave." He is here everyday and Luka is starting to recognize us as his parents...well I think he is.
I think the hardest thing about having a new baby is that you have to learn to do things fast or in sections. He eats almost every two hours and it takes anywhere from 30 -45 minutes to feed him. So if you count prep time you better be done with your task in about 55 minutes. Shopping is a challenge. I have become a very quick shopper. But I have noticed that most of the personal things (phone calls, emails, bills, etc.) get done when he is down for the night. You would think that I would be dead since I have been up since 5 am, but somehow you find the energy to finish what you need to do and then wake up early the next day. I would have never believed you if you told me I would be up till 12 - 1 am and up at 5 am AND function well enough to carry, change, feed a child and pop in a Barney DVD.
Today was our first walk down to the park and use of our "borrowed" stroller. I don't know if he enjoyed it. To tell you the truth he looked kind of scared...it might have been daddy's driving. The picture above was taken today.
I promise the next entry won't be about Luka....I surely must have more to talk about than my son!
No comments:
Post a Comment