A couple of weeks ago on September 2nd Sam saw and played in snow for the first time. We drove about 45 minutes from our house and landed in a Ski Resort area. Yes a ski resort 45 minutes from our house! Well the bad news...well there were a couple of things:
1. We didn't really dress for snow. Jeans = wet legs. Slippery shoes = falling all over the place, especially carrying a two year old. We are so from Miami!
2. We took our newly bought sleigh, but realized we couldn't use it on the slopes. Hello, we are such rookies, right.
3. It was the END of the snow season so the slow was slim pickings.
But wait it wasn't all bad...
1. We did get to snap a few pics in the snow.
2. We learned A LOT for the next time.
3. Sam saw snow...the boys were very excited to see it.
4. We got to borrow a snowman from a much more experienced for the snow Chilean Family
Then we drove down about 10 minutes and all the snow was gone...jackets came off and the boys were also happy to be back in the sunlight! We had a the best burger ever at a place called Burger, Beer & Boards (like snowboards). Really yummy!
Here are Luka and Sam enjoying being brothers...Yes, yes I need to stop dressing them alike. I only do this on occasion. I just like for people to know they are brothers...I think that is why I do it. But don't they look cute?
FYI. I used a new site I found to edit photos and make collages. Mostly I wanted to find an online service to make quick collages, but I messed around with the editing options. These photos have the "dusk" effect. They have tons of other features and VERY easy to use. It is called PicMonkey. You can try it here www.picmonkey.com.
PS Just in case you were wondering Luka saw snow for the 1st time when we went to Washington, DC for Obama's inauguration in 2009. Click here to reminisce.